Nikki Gorman, MA, LPCC
Who I am ...
I am a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor. I have experience working with adolescents and adults, providing a variety of counseling services in group and individual settings. I place a strong emphasis on the therapeutic-alliance to create a supportive and caring environment for growth and change. My non-judgmental, strength-based approach will help us work together to achieve the life you want. I enjoy working with people from all different backgrounds and paths. I find working with young-adults and members of the LGBTQ+ community especially rewarding.
I like to meet individuals where they are at in life and support them in navigating their understandings and next steps. I have experience working with individuals who have chronic mental illness, as well as those who are new to counseling and not sure how to begin.
I enjoy MUSIC, family, friends, and food in my free-time.
State License and Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
- Eligible for DBT certification
- Minnesota Psychological Association (MPA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Master's in Counseling Psychology - Bethel University, St. Paul, MN
- Bachelors of Science in Child/Adolescent Psychology - University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Psychotherapist and Adolescent Program Coordinator - Mental Health Systems, PC
- Emotional and Academic Support for students with EBD - Richfield Public Schools
- Emotional and Academic Support for students with EBD - LifeSpan Youth Transition Center
- Research Assistant, Youth and Families in the Foster Care System - University of MN, Institute for Child Development